For the reading
- Box and summarize
For the questions
- Identify what type of question it is
- Right There Questions: Literal questions whose answers can be found in the text. Often the words used in the question are the same words found in the text.
- Think and Search Questions: Answers are gathered from several parts of the text and put together to make meaning.
- Author and You: These questions are based on information provided in the text but the student is required to relate it to their own experience. Although the answer does not lie directly in the text, the student must have read it in order to answer the question.
- On My Own: These questions do not require the student to have read the passage but he/she must use their background or prior knowledge to answer the question.
- Write what paragraph you found the answer in
- Highlight the answer in the reading