We are currently working on volume of cylinders, cones and spheres.
Our SLOT for the next two weeks is applying Law of Exponents.
Please check student connect and complete any missing assignments.
There will be an informational meeting for parents of current 8th grade Algebra students who are interested in attending DCMST on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 from 5:00 to 6:00 pm in the MBCC Lecture Hall.
22586 Ann Arbor Trail,
Dearborn Heights, MI 48127.
1. Function Quiz Tomorrow
2. Study guide is due tomorrow for 20 formative points.
3. All missing work should be turned in by Thursday this week.
4. Our next unit is linear functions. We will begin this unit by exploring slope and y-intercept.
1. All assessments have been graded and returned.
2. We will continue to focus story problems with real life applications using linear functions.
3. We will be covering chapter 6 next.
4. All missing work should be turned in by Thursday this week.
- Progress reports have been sent home. Please have your parent/guardian sign them if your grade is below a C.
- Irrational Number and two step equations assessment on Tuesday.
- Our next unit is functions.
- Students were introduced to The Algebra Nation Online resources.
- We will continue out function unit.
- SLOT chapter 2 _ Equations
– Unit of study- Classifying and ordering real numbers
– SLOT- evaluating expressions
– Quizzes are graded and in student/parent connect
– ISN should be up to date
– Check for missing work and turn in ASAP
– Unit of study- Function Basics
– SLOT- solving equations and real numbers
– Chapter 1 Assessment is Monday, October 2.
– Use online resources for additional practice
I hope your year is off to a good start. I am so excited to be your teacher this year. It’s going to be a great one!
It was nice meeting the families who came to open house tonight. To the families who weren’t able to come, I look forward to meeting you in the near future.
A few reminders:
Please make sure you have all the recommended supplies.
As of today, there are three assignments in the gradebook. Any missing assignments can still be turned in for partial credit.
Khan Summer Learning is due this Friday for a summative grade. You should have 480 minutes completed.
SLOT quiz—Friday for Pre-Algebra and Monday for Algebra.
- Math District Common Assessment Tomorrow
- No HW
- no homework.