Congratulations to our winners of the Care to the Core Poem Writing Contest, Maleeah and Akram!
Our Winners! Akram and Maleeah!
All of our friends who submitted a poem.
Maleeah and Akram will read their poems at the Care to the Core program on Monday, April 23rd, at 2:15.
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to all of you that took the time to help your child with a poem.
On Monday, April 23rd, we are asking Snow Students to wear blue or Snow Wolf Apparel to take a stand against bullying and encourage acceptance, kindness and leadership! Go Wolves!
The poems for Care to the Core are due tomorrow! Please send the poems in with you child tomorrow. Thank you!
I have received some emails about the Postcard Project and I wanted to share the questions and answers with you in case you had the same questions!
- Who can we ask to send postcards? Anyone! Friends, family, acquaintances, coworkers, etc. I posted a request on Facebook asking for volunteers and within a day I had so many volunteers!
- How many people should we ask? As many as you want. I would like every child to have at least one card sent to them. If you are having trouble, please let me know and I can help.
- How far away should the cards come from? Absolutely anywhere! Even within the city of Dearborn is OK. We will be finding the location on a map so if it is from the Metro Detroit area we will use that map. We would love to have them from as many cities, states and countries as possible.
- Can my child keep the postcards that were mailed to them? Absolutely! We will be displaying them along with the maps but at the end of the year we will send them all home.
- When is the deadline? We will display the maps until the end of the year so as long as we have the cards by June we will be able to locate and mark them.
- What kind of postcard? What should they write on the postcard? Any postcard will do! If they can send one with a famous landmark that would be great but a plain one is fine too! Please have them include the city, state and country they are from. They can include any special information about their city/state/country that they want to share. Information about their weather or things they like to do for fun are great too.
If you have any other questions, please let me know! I look forward to all the postcards!
We have started our map unit in Social Studies. We are learning all about maps, how to use them, and how to make them. We need your help! We would like to get postcards from all over our state, our country and our world! Can you please ask your family and friends to send us postcards?
Here is the address to send them to:
Snow Elementary School
Mrs. Massey’s class
2000 Culver Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
If you have any questions, please let me know! We hope to get over 100 postcards so ask as many people as you can!
Thank you so much for helping us learn about maps!
As part of Snow Elementary Leader In Me Program, we are asking you, our fabulous students, to reach out in our community to help others. If you’d like to be a part of the Snow Book Share, simply go through your gently used books or magazines and donate them to our Snow School Book Share. Over the next 2 weeks organize your bookshelves at home and donate your unwanted books or magazines. Then on
May 1,2 and 3, 2018 we will have a Book Swap before and after school. Each book will cost $0.25 and you can bring home new books to read.
Please bring your book donations to the bin in the office or outside Mrs. Bush’s office starting tomorrow. Leaders think Win/Win and by organizing your books and donating them you are giving a friend the opportunity to read something new. That is a Win/Win!
“ Find the good. It’s all around you. Find it, showcase it and you’ll start believing in it. ”
…. or so I have been told!
Starting Wednesday, April 11, we will resume OUTDOOR LINEUP in the am. We will once again line up on line 6. Dress accordingly!
We appreciate all of the Little Caesars Pizza kits you’ve sold!! Little Caesars Pizza kits will be delivered to school on Wednesday, April 11th. Pickup is from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
We do not have any storage in the freezer to hold your items overnight and they must be kept cold so please make arrangements to pick up your orders.
Thank you for all your support
Team 5th Grade
We need all Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraising Sheets and money (Checks made out to Snow School) to be turned in to Ms. Sherlock’s room or mailbox by the end of the day Tuesday, March 27th. Every little bit helps! Thanks to all who have turned them in thus far. If everyone could at least sell one kit it would help our upcoming 5th graders tremendously as they make their trip to Camp Pinewood in the fall.
TEAM 5th Grade