Make sure to study for your test tomorrow! Email me your questions.
Explain the difference between each term
1. Diffusion and Osmosis
2. Active Transport and Passive Transport
3. Endocytosis and Exocytosis
4. The movement of particle from a less crowded area to a more crowded area requires:
c) a membrane
5. What structures allow small particles to cross the membrane?
1. In your own words, write a definition for the term organelle.
2. Use the following terms in the same sentence: prokaryotic, eukaryotic, nucleus
3. Cell size is limited by
a) thickness of the cell wall
b) size of the cell’s nucleus
c) cell’s surface area to volume ration
d) amount of cytoplasm in the cell
4. What are the three parts of the cell theory?
5. Name 3 structures that every cell has.
Unit Test tomorrow on waves! Make sure to study! If you do not have your study guide, click the link below to print a new one.
Our first common assessment is tomorrow! Take a second to review what we have learned so far. Below are the jeopardy questions we used for review.
Fill in the blank
1. ______ happens when a wave passes from one medium to another at an angle
2. The bending of a wave around a barrier is called _____.
3. We can see the moon because of the _____ sunlight off of it.
4. The combination of waves as they overlap is know as:
a) interference b) diffraction c) refraction d) resonance
5. Name two wave interactions that can occur when a wave encounters a barrier.
6. Explain why you can hear two people talking, even when they walk around the corner.
7. Explain what happens when two waves encounter one another in destructive interference.
8. Sometimes when music plays loudly you can hear your body shake. Explain what is happening.
One day left! Don’t forget, there is a brief quiz tomorrow before you leave for break. Study materials can be found under homework resources.
Fill in the blank:
1. In a _____, the particles vibrate parallel to the direction that the wave travels.
2. Mechanical Waves require a _____ through which the wave can travel.
3. Any ____ transmits energy through vibrations.
4. In a ___, the particles vibrate perpendicular to the direction that the wave travels.
5. Waves transfer: a) matter b) energy c) particles d) water
6. Name a kind of wave that DOES NOT require a medium.
7. Sometimes at sporting events, people do “the wave”. Is this a real wave? Explain your answer
8. Why can supernova explosions in space be SEEN but not HEARD? Explain.
Make sure you study for the test tomorrow!