Wishing everyone a wonderful break and a Happy New Year.
Is your child spending the break driving you CRAZY? Lol, keep them busy. Try some of the suggestions below: (Besides having your child practice writing their first/last name.)
- Look through an ABC book with them…have them name as many letters as they can. Practice naming the ones they can’t remember.
- Practice counting out loud from 1-10 or 1-20 or 1-30 (depending on what number your child can count to by themselves).
- Use measuring cups/spoons and have your child put them in order from largest to smallest.
- Walk around the house and count how many windows, beds, pillows, doors, spoons/forks you have.
- Write numbers 1-10 on paper and draw pictures to represent the amount of each number.
- Have your child help you with household chores: sorting laundry into piles by colors (sorting by color), folding towels (shape identification), setting the table for dinner (counting)…it’s getting stuff done at home and learning all in one!
- Spray shaving cream on a cookie sheet and practice writing numbers in the shaving cream (messy, but SUPER fun)!
- Go for a walk. Make tally marks for the cars that pass you. Count the total.