Welcome to Third Grade!
We’re looking forward to meeting your child in September!
The Dearborn Public Schools will provide your students will all books, supplies, and materials necessary for the upcoming school year. However, parents and students are welcome to voluntarily provide additional supplies we use on a regular basis.
The following is a suggested list of school supplies:
- Thin (not thick) markers (8 pack-no larger, please)
- Colored pencils (12 pack)
- 16-24 count crayons (NOT a box of 64, please)
- 1 school box to hold markers, crayons, colored pencils (9×6 size-no larger please)
- 3-4 packages of #2 pencils (Dixon or Ticonderoga—no plastic coated pencils, please)
- 2 packs of dry erase markers EXPO
- 20 glue sticks (we use a TON of glue for notebooking)
- 1-2 highlighters
- 1 pair of scissors
- 4 spiral notebooks (1 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow)
- 3 COMPOSITION notebooks (NOT spiral)
- 2 rolls of clear tape with plastic dispenser
- 2 large boxes of Kleenex or other brand tissue
- 1 ream of copier paper
- 1 1-inch binder (no larger)
The students in my class keep a pencil box in their desks with the following items inside: crayons, markers, colored pencils, 1 dry erase marker, pencil sharpener, 1 glue stick, 1 eraser, 1 roll of tape, scissors. 1 highlighter, 2 pencils and a pen. Their binder (with dividers), 4 spiral notebooks, and their rulers are also kept in their desks at all times. Any extra supplies from the Supply List are kept in a shoebox (in each student’s own locker). Copier paper, tissues, wipes and bags are put in a classroom “stash” for our classroom community to use throughout the year. If you would like to donate extra supplies to our classroom, please feel free to do so.
If you have any questions regarding supplies, please let me know. Thank you for helping with supplies!