use this link for full directions on how to make your handy family tree.
when you finish working on your vocabulary words, please open you ISN and work on the venn diagram comparing and contrasting dominant and recessive traits.
Word: definition: picture
Study guide: Must know all vocabulary and examples
alternative energy: solar, wind, hydroelectricity, geothermal, biomass
climate change: greenhouse effect, greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, fossil fuels, renewable resources, non-renewable resources
You are an automotive engineer and have been given a task to design a car that runs on alternative energy. As you know, our country’s most valuable energy resource, fossil fuels is causing climate change. The mass amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses are affecting the global temperatures. Unfortunately, at this time, FORD has not been able to successfully design a car that uses alternative energy. Please design and build a prototype of a car that runs on alternative energy. Please enclose a letter that will also persuade automobiles companies to switch over to alternative energy cars . If we continue to use fossil fuels what will happen to earth’s climate.
Total: 100 points Due Wednesday May 1
|Blueprint of design||15|
|3d prototype identifies one of the alternative energies: solar, wind, hydroelectricity, biofuel, geothermal||40|
|Letter is persuasive typed and addresses problem and solution||25|
|Project reflects students best effort||10|
|Project is submitted on time||10|
click on the link to complete today’s class activity.
Answer them in your ISN
- What is climate change?
- Why is climate change happening?
- Is climate change the same thing as global warming?
- What is the the greenhouse effect, and how does it affect the climate?
- What is the difference between weather and climate?
- What is CO2?
- Is climate change something new in Earth’s history?
- Why is climate change a concern today?
- What are some ways CO2 gets into the atmosphere?
- What are some ways CO2 is taken out of the atmosphere?
- What are some places carbon is stored (carbon reservoirs/sinks)?