From Pete Kotsogiannis, an Edsel Ford High School US History and Government teacher
The Leading Source of Pros and Cons of Controversial Issues
“Among the biggest obstacles to good thinking is what we psychologists call ‘the confirmation bias.’ It’s the tendency to seek out only information that confirms your existing beliefs. ProCon.org is the best antidote to this bias that I have seen. It’s not just that it puts disconfirming information right there on the page, where it can’t be missed. It’s that ProCon.org models open-mindedness, respect for the complexity of truth, and respect for the sincerity of people on both sides of controversial issues. ProCon.org is a boon to our ailing civic culture.” Dr. Jonathan Haidt, Former Annenberg Foundation Director of Programs and Operations
Design in Five
Essential Phases to Create Engaging Assessment Practice
by Nicole Dimich Vagle
Fully engage learners in your classroom. Discover how to create high-quality assessments using a five-phase design protocol. Explore types and traits of quality assessment, and learn how to develop assessments that are innovative, effective, and engaging. Evaluate whether your current assessments meet the design criteria, and discover how to use this process collaboratively with your team.
- Create engaging assessments that accurately report students’ progress.
- Design assessments that help students learn from their mistakes and motivate them to improve.
- Work collaboratively to analyze standards and create common assessments.
- Evaluate the cognitive level of assessment items and tasks.
- Gain access to reproducibles and other recommended resources to deepen your understanding of assessment.
CLICK: Reproducible Resources