Welcome to Kindergarten!
Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindergarten! I would like to take the time to introduce myself to you. My name is Mrs. Callie Haddad. I will be your child’s Kindergarten teacher this year. I will be working to ensure that your child will have an exciting, positive learning experience and will successfully finish the Kindergarten program. I am looking forward to working with your child this year and helping your child to achieve their potential.
Contact information: Callie Haddad
You can contact me by phone, email, or in person
- My email address is email@example.com. I check it daily and will respond promptly.
- My phone number is 313-827-1800 ext. 22440. This number will send your call to my voicemail and you will need to leave a message. I will call you back as soon as possible.
- Sign up for my personal blog @: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/fefopoc/
- I feel it is important that we communicate often, but in order for me to give you my full attention I can’t be watching the students while talking to you. If you need to talk to me about your child please wait until all the children have gone home for the day, or let me know and we can set up an appointment.
- Children need to be lined up by 8:00 a.m. at DOOR #3. Class begins at 8:05 a.m. If your child is late you must first report to the office to sign in your child.
- The children will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. from the DOOR #3. It is very important that you pick your child up on time. They get very worried when parents are late. Once you pick up your Kindergartener you must wait outside for older children. Please do not wait in the hallways or outside of classrooms for them.
- Also, please let me know if your child will be picked up by someone other than you. If for some reason you need to pick your child up early you must first go to the office to sign him/her and the office will notify me. Please do not come to the classroom until you have checked in the office.
- All children that are bused will ride their regular bus and be dropped off at their regular stop unless you notify the school in the form of a note or phone call.
I expect the children to be respectful and kind to everyone in the classroom and school! Please review these rules your child at home and I will do the same at school.
- Walk inside
- Quiet voices
- Hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Wait your turn to talk by raising your hand
- Follow direction the first time they are given
- Be kind to everyone
Students will be learning about our school rules throughout the launch of PBIS-Positive Behavior Intervention Support-more to come on this continuing initiative.
This is a list of supplies. For the class to use, we would appreciate donations of:
- $5 Dollar donation for book bags/notebooks/other essentials throughout year
- 5 package glue sticks
- 4 package of EXPO dry erase markers
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 2 packs of pre-sharpened pencils
- Box of gallon/quart/sandwich size Ziploc baggies
- 2 Clorox wipes (for keeping our school clean!)
I will be sending weekly homework packets home with your child on the first day of the week and they will always be due on the last day of the week. Homework is meant to be an extra practice for your child. Please help your child complete it without doing it for him/her. It is not graded, but is important to complete it so that your child is reinforcing the skills that we already learned.
- If your child is going to be absent please notify the office.(313) 827-1800.
- If your child is going to miss more than three days please let me know so I can get work together for him/her.
- Every child should have a backpack labeled with his or her 1st and last name on the inside.
- I will give your child a blue folder. One side is for papers that you should remove from the folder every day and this side is labeled – Papers to keep at home. The other side is for papers that need to be completed or signed and returned to school and this side says please complete and return to school.
- It is very important that you check and empty your child’s folder every day.
- We eat lunch very early (10:30-11:08) so it is very important that you send a healthy snack for your child everyday!
- We will have snack in the afternoon around 1 pm.
- Some good suggestions include: pretzels, crackers, fruit, cheese, a small sandwich, ect…A water bottle labeled with your child’s name is also allowed. Absolutely “no Junk Food” will be allowed except on special occasions due to the high sugar content…NO cake, donuts, chips, candy, cookies, chocolate, etc. Thanks!
- If you would like your child to celebrate their birthday at school, please let me know in advance. You can send in cupcakes, cookies, donuts, juice boxes, etc…Please no big cakes! Also, you will need to send in napkins! You may drop the snack off in the office or at the beginning of the day. The birthday treat will be done during snack time. This is a quick celebration, not a birthday party J No candles or balloons. Thank you!
- Your child will have gym twice a week. Please make sure that on GYM days your child is wearing clothing and soft-soled sneakers. If your child does not have appropriate attire he/she will have to sit out.
- Students’ will get to participate in Gym, Art, Music, Enrichment (Computers), and Library (time to be announced at a later date).