Welcome Back! I’m so excited to be starting this school year with you. Many of you know me, but for our 6th graders, let me take a minute and introduce myself.
I am Mrs. Ditmar and have been teaching at Stout for 9 years. I am married, have two kids, Jack (7) and Sylvia (4.5). We also have a dog, Sully. We’re an active family who enjoys the beach, exploring, bike riding, camping, working out, cooking, and creating. When I’m not at work, I’m with my kids! I graduated from the University of Dayton in 2000 with a degree in public relations and Spanish. Once I graduated, I realized I had no desire to work in the business world, so I put myself through graduate school by working at a deli, and in 2002, I got my first teaching job in Dayton Public Schools. I immediately knew I belonged in the classroom and haven’t looked back! After spending three years in Dayton, I moved and taught 6th grade language arts in Boston, and from Boston, I moved here and have been at Stout ever since.
You and I are going to be spending a lot of time together and I want you to know a few things about me.
1. My full name is Elizabeth Adams Ditmar.
2. I am 25 and have been 25 for a few years! (It’s rude to ask a lady how old she is!)
3. I was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Along the way I have also lived in: Grand Haven, Michigan; Palm Desert, California; Dayton, Ohio; Segovia, Spain; and Boston, Massachusetts.
4. My favorite colors are pink, blue, green, and grey.
5. I love to eat spicy foods, steak, and pistachios.
6. I don’t drink soda, but drink coffee and tons of water. (You’ll learn that I’m a pretty healthy eater.)
7. I love Reese’s, but don’t tell!
8. I’m left handed and an only child.
9. Cats scare me.
10. I love to organize and clean.
11. I cheer for Michigan State, but I didn’t go there.
12. I usually fall asleep during movies, but can stay up late reading books.
13. I was diagnosed with a disability in college, and that really changed my life.
14. I teach because I love it.
15. You’re still reading? Ok, I have to admit, I love grammar and finding spelling errors.
16. I’m not very good with technology and usually ask for help.
17. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because there no gifts to exchange the food is delicious.
That’s enough for now! I’m really looking forward to a wonderful year.