We offer remote library book checkout 9:00 to 1:00 on Wednesdays and Fridays. Be sure to place your hold or holds before noon on Monday please. This helps us process the books.
Mrs. Leonard will be running remote library book checkout at our high school. Please place your hold or holds by noon on Monday. (Make sure the library catalog says the book is in.) If the book is here, we’ll process the hold or holds. We’ll try to have the book or books ready for you for pick-up on Wednesday if you’re the first hold. (We’ll also have the books out on Fridays from 9 am to 1 pm in case Wednesday doesn’t work for you.) After you get an email saying the book is available, please pick up the book on Wednesday from 9 am to 1 pm. Just Drive to the front of the school, near the traffic lights and past the electronic school sign, and enter the door 30. The receptionist should have your book on a library cart. (If you can’t make it that day, stop in next week Wednesday between 9 am and 1 pm.) If you have questions, call Mrs. Leonard at 313 827-1606. We will hold your book for three weeks.
Hours for the Curbside Pickup of Library Books are Wednesays & Fridays
- Wednesday 9 am – 1 pm and Friday 9 am – 1 pm
1. REQUEST – Use the online Follett Destiny catalog to place holds on the materials you want. Type your student number in, then copy and paste it so it is put in exactly the same. Your student # is the password. Here’s an exact link for the catalog: click here.
Here are some slides that well show you more information.
Use your student number not only as a username but also a password. Place your hold before noon on Monday. (Placing a hold is no guarantee that your hold witll be the first hold so it may take awhile.) During the day, you can reach Mrs. Leonard, the DHS Library Secretary, at 313 827-1606 or leave a voice mail if you need help with placing the hold or holds. (If your status is not clear you may need to clear up your status. Return your book or books. You may need to pay for any lost books.) Click here for slides that explain how to place holds.
2. READY FOR PICKUP – Wait until you receive an email that your materials are ready, Then, plan to stop by on a Wednesday to DHS door 30, the front entryway next to the electronic sign for the school. It’s the DHS entrance closest to the traffic lights on Outer Drive at the front of the high school.
3. NOTIFY – After you’ve been notified that the materials are ready for picking up the materials, we’ll get an email to you. Grab a mask, and some type of identification, please.
4. PICK UP! – On Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9 am to 1 pm we’ll have the books inside door 30. Drive to the front of the school, the area near the traffic lights on Outer Drive. Park near the big electronic sign. Walk in the doors there. Near the receptionist desk, there will be a cart of library books. The books are in order by the names of the students they’re checked out to. Share some identification of some kind if you’re asked to do so.
5. ENJOY – Please keep the paper inside the book as the due date is on it. Read your book or books. Renew materials online as needed online. (Books can be returned on Wednesdays to a return box near the cart by the receptionist desk.) When the weather is sunny, our librarian, Mr. Neff, will try to have a library drop box outside from 9 to 1 pm on Thursdays and Fridays. When the weather is fine, a cabinet of free books will be there.
6. RETURN – Return books to the new DHS library’s drop box on Thursday or Friday. (If it is not a rainy day, Mr. Neff will have a library drop box outside on the side walk.) Slide the books into the book slot. The book or books will need to be quarantined for days, of course, before being checked in. You can also return books when you come to pick up a book that was left on hold. (Email Mr. Neff at email@example.com if were not able to get to this point. If 9 to 1 pm on Wednesdays, especially, does not work for you, let him know,) If we can we’ll set up something different for you.