As the school year winds down, it can be hard to stay motivated to finish your schoolwork. Do you find yourself feeling sluggish? Know what can help? You guessed it – physical activity! Regular exercise can make you feel more energetic, allows you to be more active, and reduces the likelihood that you’ll tire during the day. It can also help with your motivation and concentration!
Today’s KWIO yoga sequence is a “Move into Stillness Flow” which focuses on energizing and strengthening yoga poses, flows, and spinal stretches. It finishes with guided breathing focusing on tolerance – perfect for home quarantine!
• Video: https://youtu.be/AoWzmXG6Ss0 (Time: 12:48)
• Handout: Move Into Stillness Yoga Flow
Try this dance workout, called “Low Impact Dance Grooves” from PopSugar. This workout is a great reminder that low-impact doesn’t have to mean low-intensity!
• https://youtu.be/tfdy5AahM4M (Time: 29:59)
For your ‘red’ challenge, combine the yoga flow and practice the dance video until you’ve got the moves down! Work up a sweat and keep your body strong and healthy!
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
If you want to plant a garden, you need a few things: soil, water, sunlight, and SEEDS! But what is a seed, and how do plants come out of something so small?!
First, let’s learn:
- To start, let’s learn a little bit about how tiny seeds grow into a full plant. Watch this video to learn more.
- This is also a great podcast where kids, like you, ask all kinds of questions about how seeds grow. As you listen, think about a question YOU have and try to find the answer online or in a book.
Now, let’s try it:
- Once you’ve learned all about seeds it’s time to plant some! You’ll first need some seeds – you can buy vegetable seeds at the store, or you can find some in the foods you eat.
- Now, you’ll need to find a container, pot, or a small plot (get permission before you start digging up your yard!). This handout will show you how to find and plant seeds.