Today’s workout theme is “goals.” Having personal goals is like having a destination on a map – if you don’t know where you’re going, it’s hard to figure out how to get there! Take a few minutes today and set some specific, realistic goals for yourself. You’ll be glad you did!
Workout of the Day (WOD)!
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide (with video demonstrations)
• Using the associated exercises, spell “GOALS”. What goals are you setting for yourself today?
Your ‘yellow’ challenge today is to extend the WOD:
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide:
• Using the associated exercises, spell “GOAL SETTING”
Today’s “red” activity involves a push-up challenge! Can you do 10 push-ups? Challenge your friends to join your push-up challenge online. Don’t forget to use the #HealthyKidsQuarantined
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
We’re heading into summer which means we’re also heading into watermelon eating season! Watermelon is a healthy snack option because it contains Lycopene a “fight-o-chemical” (phytochemical) that helps fight off sickness – but did you know that you don’t just have to eat it off the rind? Try this week’s snack hack for a fun new twist on serving up watermelon!
- Chop up watermelon into small chunks and puree in the blender
- Pour the pureed watermelon into small paper cups (or popsicle molds).
- Cover each cup with plastic wrap or foil and insert a popsicle/craft stick (or plastic spoon) through and into the cup.
- Freeze until hard.
- Optional: add chopped strawberries, pineapple, or grapes to the molds too!
Feeling extra adventurous? Check out this website for 10 additional and fun ways to enjoy watermelon!