Today’s workout theme is “excel” – which means that you do something really, really well. What are you really good at doing? What can you continue to work at until you become excellent at it? Grab a family member to do the WOD with you today – burpees love company!
Workout of the Day (WOD)!
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide (with video demonstrations)
• Using the associated exercises, spell “EXCEL”. To ‘excel’ means to do something even better than normal! What will you excel at today?
Your ‘yellow’ challenge today is to extend the WOD:
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide:
• Using the associated exercises, spell “EXCELLENT”
Today’s “red” activity involves a wall sit challenge! See how long you can hold a wall sit and challenge your friends to try to beat your time online. Don’t forget to use the #HealthyKidsQuarantined
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Healthy Snack Hack – Apple Pie Bites
Sometimes you need a little sweet treat – these apple pie bites are a healthier way to satisfy your dessert desires! “Baking” an apple pie just got much easier when you make these delicious graham cracker apple pie stacks.
• Graham crackers
• Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
• Apples, chopped (try tart Granny Smith apples!)
Smear plain or vanilla Greek yogurt on top of a graham cracker square, then add chopped apples, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!