Physical activity is important for your mental health and so is staying connected with important people in your life! Today, try to arrange to do some physical activity with friends or family – connect remotely on Zoom or Facetime, or do it together from a safe distance. Try these fun, exercises that are easy to do together:
• Do an exercise workout together – like this one called “Recess” from Double Time
• Practice some remote yoga – like this fun Fairy Floss from Cosmic Kids Yoga
• Try learning a dance – like the Best Time Ever from Kidz Bop Kids
• Take a walk (while maintaining a safe social distance!)
• Go for a bike ride
The Detroit Police Athletic League (PAL) is a local nonprofit who has recently launched the 6° of Separation campaign to check-in on family and friends while many are socially isolated. All you have to do is commit to check-in on 6 people in your life on the 6th, 16th, and 26th throughout May and June. The idea might be simple – but your impact might be simply amazing!
• Take the 6° of Separation Pledge from Detroit PAL
• Let us know that you’re in for connecting with others! Post your support on social media and tag #CheckingInSavesLives and #HealthyKidsQuarantined
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
It’s Friday and we’re treating ourselves to a smoothie bowl. Eating a smoothie bowl makes you feel like you are indulging in ice cream when in fact you are eating something good for you! Smoothie bowls are full of nutritious ingredients like fruit and vegetables Grab a spoon and give it a try! Share your creation online using #healthykidsquarantined
· 1 banana frozen
· 1½ cups frozen berries
· ½ cup milk (almond or coconut work too)
· Optional toppings- low fat granola/whole grain cereal, seeds, nuts, fruit
• Combine frozen fruit and milk in a blender. Puree until completely smooth – the mixture should be thick. Add a touch more liquid if necessary to get it to blend completely smooth.
• Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!