Today, work towards your 60 minutes of physical activity by trying out the A-B-C workout of the day, or challenging your friends to be physically active on Social Media!
Workout of the Day (WOD)!
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide (with video demonstrations)
• Using the associated exercises, spell “FRIEND”. Social support helps you to start and continue exercise. Have a friend join you in your exercise!
Your ‘yellow’ challenge today is to extend the WOD:
• Use this A-B-C exercise guide:
• Using the associated exercises, spell “FRIENDSHIP“
Today’s “red” activity involves challenging your friends to be physically active with you! On social media (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook), post how long you can hold a plank, and then challenge 5 of your friends to do it too! To tag us, use #healthykidsquarantined
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
A healthy diet contains whole-grain carbohydrates which can sometimes be tricky to locate. One way to tell if a food is a whole grain is to look to see if the word “WHOLE” is on the food label. Some food packages may have a “whole” grain stamp on the package instead that says, 100% of the food is made of whole grains. This week check the food labels on your carbohydrates to see how many say WHOLE or have a 100% whole grain stamps. Compare the whole grains you found in your house to the ones listed in this WORD SCRAMBLE.
For a tasty and healthy whole grain snack try our Healthy Whole Grain Trail Mix
• 1 cup chopped nuts – try walnuts, almonds, or pecans
• 1/4 cup raisins, Craisins, or other dried fruit
• 3 1/2 cups unsweetened whole-grain cereal (try Chex or Cheerios)
• 1 cup popcorn
• Add in 1 cup broken pieces of dark chocolate
• Mix together and enjoy!