Last Monday was May the 4th be with you! It was National Star Wars Day! Today we’ll train with some Jedi, the Sith, and Obi Wan to get a great Star Wars-themed workout! Don’t have a light saber handy? You can use whatever you may have handy, like a broom or a mop – but don’t worry, these exercise work just as well if you don’t have one.
These are short videos from Get Kids Moving – so combine a few of your favorites and get your Star Wars training on!
• Jedi Light Side HIIT Workout: https://youtu.be/kAUMHws2ap0 (Time: 3:46)
• Star Wars ‘SITH’ Workout: https://youtu.be/2Ofwpt59eQU (Time: 4:18)
• Obi Wan Star Wars Workout: https://youtu.be/OHOTNEtC3Rc (Time: 4:19)
• Star Wars Light Saber Tabata: https://youtu.be/3h9am97W4Rc (Time: 4:22)
BONUS: Challenge your friends on social media (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook), to work it like Obi Wan too! To tag us, use #healthykidsquarantined.
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Eating fruits and vegetables can help you “fuel your force!” Starfighter Pilots must keep their energy up when headed into battle, and these fruity TIE tributes are just the snack they need when fighting against the Rebellion!
Fruit TIE Fighter (find this recipe – and pictures! – on the Star Wars website)
• ½ a banana
• 2 apples
• 1-2 tablespoons of nut butter
• Slice the banana into rounds
• Slice the apples into rounds, then trim the edges to form a hexagon (see a picture)
• Use the nut butter to secure the apple ‘wings’ to the banana
• Stand them upright to serve – and don’t play with your food too much before you enjoy!
Want to see how fruit, like in these TIE Fighters, fits in with a healthy diet? Check out the Star Wars Check for an easy guide for families to identify healthier food and beverage options!