On this last day of April after your warm up let do some Yoga
Handouts: Strength Yoga Flow, ABC Workout of the Day
Today will take you through a range of physical activities that are fun for the whole family. Begin with a yoga strength flow from Kids Work it Out, then get your heart pumpin’ by participating in a fitness activity with Captain America! If you really want to challenge yourself today, use the ABC Workout of the Day to finish out your activity.
- Today’s yoga, the Strength Flow, from the Kids Work It Out program starts with an energizing ‘bunny breath’ exercise and then focuses on strengthening and stretching the legs, hips, and sides of the waist.
o https://youtu.be/ZJNqcBcNTcM (Time: 4:41)
- Last week we worked out with the Avengers, but this week we are going to be physically activity with Captain America! So, grab your shield, check out this video, and follow along with the moves.
o https://youtu.be/Zm9qhyh4TJk (Time: 5:02)
- Finish the day, with the ABC Workout of the Day. Instead of the site word sheet this week, spell out the word STRENGTH and HAPPINESS.
o Check out the workout handout here: ABC Workout of the Day
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Vitamins and minerals are considered essential nutrients—because acting together, they perform hundreds of roles in the body! Vitamin B is important for your overall health because it helps your body produce energy! If you’re feeling tired and sluggish, try some foods rich in Vitamin B for a healthy energy boost.
Try one of these foods to get your daily dose of Vitamin B:
• Meat (red meat, poultry)
• Whole Grains (brown rice, barley)
• Eggs and dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt)
• Fish (salmon)
• Legumes (beans, lentils)
• Seeds (sunflower seeds)
• Nuts (almonds)
• Dark, leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, kale)