7th Grade Science
7th Grade Science
Stout Middle School
Mrs. Maureen Bourdage
Stout Main Office: (313) 827-4600
Blog site: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/bourdage/
With our Science curriculum, students become solution builders as they use science and engineering practices to address a real-world challenge that spans each unit. Seventh grade unit of study will include: Energy, Energy and Volcanoes, Thermal Energy, Materials’ Life Cycles, Humans/Plants/Animals, Genetics, Water Chemistry, and Ecosystems
20% of a student’s grade is based upon participation which includes: Homework, Bellwork, positive participation, class preparedness
80% of a student’s grade will be test/quizzes and lab reports/projects. Please remember grades are EARNED and not GIVEN!
We will be using a 4 Point Grading Scale
- One subject notebook (GREEN) Each subject will have a different color.. Science is Green
- One Duo-Tang folder (GREEN)
- Pencils, pencils, pencils!!!
- Blue or black in pens (optional)
- Colored pencils (preferred) or any other coloring supplies
- All work is due on the assigned due date unless arrangements have been made ahead of time. Make sure both first and last name are written if not your paper will end up in our No Name basket and points will be reduced.
- Late work will result in loss of points and signing in the Late work binder. If this becomes a habit, parents will be notified so that we can work together to instill better work habits and responsibility. Students may be required to complete work during lunch/after school detentions.
- Absent work is the responsibility of the student. Information will be available on my blog or through Google Classroom depending on the assignments. If your student is absent on a lab day, they will be required to make arrangements with me to stay after school to complete the lab. Please feel free to email if you have any questions regarding absences.
- All homework is turned into the appropriate hour basket in the classroom.
- Be respectful to the teacher, other students and themselves at all times
- Be prepared.. This includes having
- Writing supplies
- A book to read if all work is completed
- Be on time.. I will keep track and record tardies
- Ask questions!! (if you are unsure of something please ask the question)
- Be polite and be an active listener.
- Don’t be afraid to try.. Failing (First Attempt In Learning) helps us to get ahead.
- Have a positive attitude.. We are in this together and will help each other!
- Follow our classroom norms at all times!
Mrs Bourdage’s IBlog Page: I will update this page on a daily basis with information that will include the daily warm-up question, Assignments with due dates, class agenda and topics covered. Links to assignments, videos or computer simulations may be found here or I will let you know if they are in Google Classroom to access at home. It is recommended that you create a subscription when you first visit. You will get email messages when the blog has been updated.
Parent Connect: Through Mi-Star, you can see your student’s schedules, graded assignments, and current grades. If you do not have a PIN and/or password please contact Stout’s main office for assistance.
Email: Please feel free to email myself directly with any questions you may have.. I will respond within a 24 hour period.
Remind: This is optional which will allow you to receive reminders from myself about due dates, test/quiz dates, project due dates and any other school related information. When you enter your information, your cell number is not given to me or anyone else. You may unsubscribe at any time. Students may join the Remind system also. I highly encourage them to do so to get reminders. I will try my best to send out Reminders for major assignments, tests and projects. However, I will not be sending out reminders for work to be completed the next day. Whether or not an information is sent out on Remind.. Students are RESPONSIBLE for all work on the announced due dates in class.
Link to join Remind
I look forward to an amazing year with your children. As we work as partners in education, I am confident we will see each of your children soar to new heights. Junior High is a challenging time for both the students and for you as parents as you help your children navigate this time. There will be ups and downs, but please know in my classroom your children are a part of my family. Please feel free to reach out to me with any concerns you may have as will I with any concerns I have.
Here is looking towards a great year!!
Here is a printable version of this page: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15T_UqPb-s-06L02A-SGgQcSOMxjK8cLLVtGu6C3LwtU/edit?usp=sharing
Contact me with questions and concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org