STEAM night is this Thursday from 5-7. Come join us!
Maha and Eddie Fakhoury are offering their yearly scholarship exclusively to Henry Ford students. Students are encouraged to write a 200 word essay and if selected, will receive a $250 scholarship to prepare for middle school. The link is available below:
We have NWEA testing this week. We will begin on Thursday and continue until the test is completed for all students. Please use the links below to help your child prepare.
*Our first payment of $50 for the Chicago trip is due this week. This payment will determine whether we will go forth with this trip or not depending on how many students will go. Our goal is 44 students.
*The Social Studies tests and Math tests have been graded. Your child will bring a small paper showing the results of the Social Studies test, Your child will also bring a rubric attached to the math test to explain how it was graded. However, we are still making up the math test due to so many kids being absent that week. As soon as all students finish the test, they will be sent home!
Please use those websites to research about our planet Earth:
- Reading logs for the month of November are due tomorrow.
- Our PBIS celebration is tomorrow. If your child is invited, he/she is allowed to bring an electronic and a snack.
- Our informational meeting for Chicago trip is next Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. in the main cafeteria.
- The book fair will be December 7-14. Our class will visit Monday the 10th at 9:25.
- 5th grade concert is next week Thursday at 10:00 a.m. I’m attaching the link to Mrs. Holmes’ blog so the students can rehearse at home. https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/holmesj1/5th-grade/
- Spirit Fridays for December:
Friday, December 7th: Henry Ford shirt
Friday, December 14th: Holiday Sweater or Red and Green DayFriday, December 21st: Pajama Day
*Permission slips and money to the AMC theater is due Monday.
*We are still collecting donation money to the children of Yemen until December 7.
*Movie night is December 7.
*Please continue to encourage your child to log on to Zearn and complete at least 2 lessons a week and read as much as they can on Raz-Kids.
*Also, please check nightly your child’s reading bag or strategy group book to see if he/she has any homework assigned.
- Wednesday is the parade at 2:00. Students will be swimming in the morning. Students are able to change into their costumes at 1:30. If they would like to bring in a snack and treats to pass out that afternoon, they are allowed to so.
- The graded math test went home today, make sure you sign it and send it back.
- There will be a States of Matter unit test on Thursday.
- We need your Box Tops. Please send them in as you compile them at home.