Peek at the Week
- The Unique Learning System topic for January is Exploring what manners are, the importance of helping other and understanding their feelings.
- Our story this week is The Little Red Hen Makes Pizza. This story helps the students to understand that helping others is part of good manners. The students took turns playing the different characters in the story and used an array of buttons to say their part in the story. We also used this story to point out differences and similarities between the two Little Red Hen Stories Click on the button below to enjoy the story at home with your child. Reading the same stories at home helps the students make a home/school connection and allows them the chance to let you know what they have been reading all week at school
- Our core word focus this month is “I.” Below is the story we read this week. Please remember to send the button back and forth to school. At the end of each school day, we will record a message from your child to play for you about their day at school. In return, you will record, with your child, a message about something they did at home. You would say something like, “Press the word ‘I’ and tell me about your day at school”
- Our letter this week was the letter O. The students made variety of projects to represent the letter O.
- For math this month, we are practicing fractions. Pizza makes for a delicious fraction lesson
February 13th CBI to Life Town
February 15th -Late Start
February 17th – No School
February 20th – No School
March 8th Late Start
March 16th – Spring Parent Conferences
March 17th – 1/2 day
March 20 – CBI to Life Town
March 27th -31st – Spring Break
Due to me being out today, Progress reports will come home Monday.