Friday we will be celebrating our best behavior for the month of December. The students need 11 out of 14 days on green or higher to participate in this celebration. We would like to serve hot chocolate and cookies for the celebration. We are in need of a canister of hot cocoa mix, a large bag of marshmallows, and 2 packages of Oreo cookies. Please let me know if anyone is able to send in these items for Friday.
Friday will be a Pajama Day. All Kindergarten children are invited to wear pajamas to school.
It is that time of year again when students need to replenish some needed school supplies for their tool boxes. Please send in the following supplies with your child the week of January 5: box of 24 crayons, a box of markers, a dry erase marker, and 4 large glue sticks. Please write your child’s names on their supplies.
The children will be bringing home a special gift they made for parents. It is fragile.
We have a busy week ahead of us. Just a few reminders.
1. All need and want items for our classroom gift exchange are due tomorrow. Please be sure to wrap the items and to put your child’s name on the outside so we know who gave the gift for our classroom.
2. We will be attending the Holiday gift shop on Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. Envelopes were sent home last week.
3. December homework calendars are due on Thursday.
4. Our Holiday party is Thursday at 2:00 p.m. We still are in need of a few items for the party. The items are posted on the Sign Up Genius.
5. Our PBIS celebration will be on Friday.
6. Winter break begins at the end of the day on Friday. School resumes on
Have a wonderful Holiday !
The popcorn sale is cancelled for tomorrow.
Calling all Bakers!
I am in need of a parent who enjoys baking. Next Tuesday, December 16, the Gingerbread Man is going to make a surprise visit to our classroom. We will be going on a Gingerbread Man hunt to find him. I am in need of 24 gingerbread man shaped cookies for this activity. The cookies do not need frosting. The children will be frosting the cookies and decorating them.
Please let me know if anyone is available to bake the cookies. I will supply the frosting and candy for decorating.
Reminder: Next Wednesday, Dec. 17, my class is scheduled for the Holiday gift shop that will be coming to our school. We will be going at 9:00 a.m. If any parents are available to help the children while they shop, please let me know. Two-three parent helpers would be great! We should be done around 10:00-10:15.
Our Holiday party is next Thursday, Dec. 18. I have created a sign up genius for the items needed for the party. If you have not received the sign up genius, please let me know so I can add your email to the list.
I will not be in on Friday, December 5. Mrs. Rogers will be subbing for me.
It is hard to believe that it is December!
1. Push and pull toys are due tomorrow for our science activity. Be sure it fits into your child’s backpack. All toys will be returned by Wednesday.
2. November homework calendars are due. December homework calendars will be coming home today.
3. December book orders will be coming home today and are due on Friday, Dec. 5. Be sure to let me know if any orders are gifts and I will contact you to pick them up. November orders should be arriving soon.
4. Our Kindergarten Holiday Party will be on Thursday, Dec. 18 @ 2:00 p.m. More info will be coming soon.
5. Winter break begins at the end of the day on Dec. 19. School resumes on January 5.
6. December’s PBIS party will be Friday, December 19.
Have a great week!
I have extended the due date for the Trade 10 Projects. If your child has not brought in 10 items to trade they may do so on Monday, December 1. This will be the last day to send in items. Unfortunately, students who do not send in 10 items will not be able to participate in the trade. They will have to watch the process of trading. I do not want any child left out.
Also November homework calendars are due Monday too! As an incentive, children who return their homework on time will receive an Eagle ticket.
On Tuesday, Dec.2 , we will be working with push and pull items. Please send in an item with your child that you push or pull to demonstrate the action. Items must fit in your child’s backpack.
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Oops, I forgot to mention that we are in need of magazines for a social studies activity. If you have any to donate, please send them in on Wednesday or Thursday.
The winter weather has arrived. Please be sure to send your child with appropriate winter clothing. In order to play on the playground children will need snow pants and boots. Otherwise they have to play on the black top. When sending in boots be sure to send in a pair of shoes to change into upon arrival to the classroom. All children need to have a warm jacket, hat, and gloves. Please send snow pants in a reusable fabric shopping bag so the children can easily transport them to and from school.
Also, please update your child’s change of clothes. The clothing they have in their buckets are summer outfits. Be sure to send in a pair of pants, a shirt, socks, and underwear. All items need to be labeled.
Reminder, I am at my math meeting tomorrow. See you on Wednesday.