What you need to know in Kindergarten this week:
- Picture retake day is tomorrow.
- No School November 25-27 Happy Thanksgiving!
Daily 5/Literacy: Review of the 9 letters we have learned up to this point. Word work activities, letter/sound games, rainbow words
Writing: Informational writing
Math: Taste testing apple pie and pumpkin pie/graphing our favorite, number writing, teen numbers
Science: pushes and pulls/if your child has a toy that demonstrates a push or pull please send to school tomorrow. Toy needs to fit in a backpack.
Social Studies: Needs and Wants/project for needs and wants coming home today.
- Now that we have our first big snow fall of the winter season, please be sure your child has snow pants, boots, gloves/mittens, and a hat for outside recess. Children cannot play in the snow without snow pants and boots. They will have to stay on the black top.
- Please be sure to send winter clothes for your child’s extra clothing bags. Most children have summer clothes in their buckets.
- Trade 10 projects are due December 7.
- December book orders are coming home today. They are due Friday, Dec.4. If you would like to purchase books for gifts, let me know a head of time and I will not send the books home with your child. I will set them aside for you to pick up.
Leader of the Week
Each child will have a special week to celebrate during the school year. A note will come home when it is your child’s turn to be the Leader of the Week with all the details for the special week. I will choose children in number order starting with number 1.
Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday!!