Thank you for making our 100 Day celebration a success. I appreciate your generosity in donating items for our party. Thank you to our parent party volunteers: Mrs. Onufrak, Mrs. Courtesis, and Mrs. Sulla.
“March is Reading” month is here! We have many fun filled activities planned through out the month at our school. We are looking for parents to be guest readers in our classrooms. If anyone is interested in reading please let me know.
1. All about me baby poster is due tomorrow.
2. Friday, March 7 All Kindergarteners and first graders are invited to dress up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. We will celebrate with a Dr.Seuss video and a snack.
3. Monday, March 3 is our PBIS reward party for the month of February. Congratulations to all my students for earning the reward this month!
4. “Illustrate your favorite book covers” are due on or before Monday, March 10.
5. I am in need of a parent to donate 2 bags of animal crackers for our “Z” snack this week (zoo animals).
6. March 12 is a late start with 9:35 a.m. arrival.
7. March book orders will be coming home on March 14 and will be due on March 21.
8. March 25 is Family Literacy Night 6:00-7:00 p.m.
March calendars will be coming home tomorrow.
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: Z
Math: measuring to the nearest inch and non-standard units of measurement
Science: animal habitats and Earth materials
Social Studies: presentations of “All About Me” baby posters and maps
Writing: informational writing and narratives
Dr. Seuss celebration – if your child has a favorite Dr.Seuss book they may bring it to school and I will read it to the class any time during the month of March.
I will be sending home spelling words on Fridays. This week’s spelling words were sent home this past Friday. Be sure to practice the words with your child each day.
Have a great week!