- Students received their homework packets today. Students should focus on two pages per night- one reading and one math. Along with studying their spelling words.
- Reading bags — students will be bringing home more books this week. Reading every night is an expectation and your support is greatly appreciated.
- Tuesday the 17th is movie night from 4-6 pm.
- Wednesday the 18th is late arrival.
- Please pack a snack and a water bottle for your child each day.
- Make sure children are dressed appropriately. Students should wear coats to school. Also, it sometimes gets cold in the classroom, allowing your child to bring a light jacket to wear in school would be great!
Thank you for all that you do! Let’s have a great week!
- Students should focus on completing 2 pages of homework a night from their packet. The homework packet is due next Monday, October 9th.
- Reading bags are going to be sent home every night. These are “Good Fit Books” in their reading level. Students are expected to read 20 minutes a night.
- Study spelling words for test on Friday!
- All we have left to take is our Science NWEA test. Woohoo!
- Please continue to make sure students get a good night of sleep and enjoy a healthy breakfast.
Last Friday HFC Field Trip
- I have shared a variety of photos from our field trip to HFC last Friday on our class dojo feed. Please check them out!
Fire Safety Presentation/Field Trip Dates:
- Fire Safety Presentation Friday, October 6th in the Cafeteria
- Fire Safety Field Trip Friday, October 27th
Message from Mrs. Jakubik
- All Maples students are dismissed at 3:35. Parents are expected to pick their child up at 3:35 when they are dismissed. Please plan accordingly and arrive in time to park and walk to your designated pick-up location.
- Parents should NOT be stopping cars in the middle of the street to wait and wave children over. It is VERY dangerous for children to cross the street on their own.
- Please follow the traffic patterns and do NOT honk your horn while waiting for the crossing guard to direct traffic. They have an important job and safety is always the first priority. PLEASE bring your patience when picking up your student and model good behavior for your child.
Thank you for your support at home! 🙂
- Students should focus on two or three pages per night. Along with studying their spelling words for the test on Friday.
- Reading bags — students will be bringing home new books sometime this week. Reading every night is an expectation and your support is greatly appreciated.
Spelling Words- Short and Long “O”
Test on Friday!
- This week we will be finishing up our NWEA Math, Science, and Language testing
- Please remember to make sure child is well rested and has a healthy breakfast
Field Trip- Friday, September 29th
- Permission slip was sent home with your child today (September 25th)
- Forms and $3 due by Thursday!
- Please bring a bagged lunch and water!
Thank you for all that you do!
- Students received their homework packets yesterday. Students should focus on two pages per night- one reading and one math. Along with studying their spelling words.
- Reading bags — students will be bringing home new books sometime next week. Reading every night is an expectation and your support is greatly appreciated.
Spelling Words: Long and Short “I” Pattern
- NWEA will be taking place this week as follows: Reading (M/TU) and Math (W/TH)
- NWEA for next week: Science and Language
- Please ensure students are here by 8:35 and have had a healthy breakfast.
Thank you for all that you do!
Hello Maples Families!
It has been so much getting to know your children during these first few days of school. I know that we will have a school year full of fun and learning!
On Monday, a homework packet was sent home with your child. The homework packet consists of the spelling words for this week, 2 math “telling time” practice pages, and a reading article with questions. The homework packet is due Monday, September 18th.
The weekly spelling tests will take place on Fridays. The spelling words this week follow the Long and Short ‘A’ pattern: