This is a copy of the template I used in class on November 10, 2017. You may print and use this template if you prefer.
This is the template for doing a THIEVES Exercise
Attached is the list of words we will be learning this year. Every two weeks, we will have a quiz in which I give you the definitions and sentences using those words. You will match the definition to the sentence in which the word makes sense.
The First Quiz will be on Wednesday, October 4th on the 10 words from week 1 and week 2. (Week of September 18, Week of September 25)
The Second Quiz will be on Wednesday, October 18th on the 10 words from week 3 and week 4. (Week of October 2nd, Week of October 9)
The Third Quiz will be on Wednesday, November 1st, on the 10 words from week 5 and week 6. (Week of October 16, Week of October 23)
plus the word quixotic – (kwik-sa-tic) not sensible about practical matters
The idea of an obese person completing a decathlon is quixotic.
The Fourth Quiz will be on Wednesday, November 15th, on the 10 words from week 7 and week 8. (Week of October 30, Week of November 6)
The format for doing the physics composition book is as follows:
- Open the front cover and number the first page on the right “1”, then number each page on the right 3,5,7,9, 11, etc. until all pages are numbered. The left side is the even numbers.
- Page 1 and Page 2 are for the Table of Contents.
- Page 3: Copy the Class Norms from the ilearn.
- Page 4: Copy the The International System of Measurements (under resources) in ilearn.
- Page 4: Copy the Metric Prefixes found on page 2 of the SIPI in ilearn.
- Page 5: Copy the Grading Rubric for Thinking Maps.
- Page 6: Copy Laboratory Safety Rules from ilearn. Continue on the next pages until you get all of the safety rules copied.
8. On next page after Safety Rules Copy page 1 SIPI from ilearn.
9. Copy Graph diagrams from Lesson Plan 10/3 from iblog.
I will be checking your composition books on Wednesday.
The best way to contact me or to ask questions outside of class is to email me.
My email address is: email@example.com
Daily Lesson Plans and Homework Assignments are always located below the “static” pages, the posts with a frame around them.
This is the MME Physics Slots/Bell Work
Day 1 February 13
Day 2 February 14
Day 3 February 15
Day 4 February 16
1. First and Last name must appear in the upper right corner.
2. Date and Hour must appear after your name.
3. Your grade book (alphabetically ordered) number must be in the upper left corner, followed by your table number.
(If you don’t know your number, ask!!!)
4. You must answer ALL bell work and exit tickets in complete sentences with full explanations!
5. You must right your assignments darkly, neatly and legibly.
(I must be able to read your assignment.)
6. You must follow all directions for each assignment.
(If you don’t understand the directions, ask.)
- Log into my Conceptual Physics ilearn.
- Click on the Book image.
- Click on the words log in
- crabill1 first hour
- crabill2 second hour
- crabill3 third hour
- crabill5 fifth hour
- crabill6 sixth hour
Password for all classes
Here are the lesson plans for 11/10/17. I will also include the Metacognative Log questions for Chapter 6.
These are the review problems/essays for you to complete in order to do well on the test or to qualify for the retake.
Here are the lesson plans for Thursday, November 9th.
Here are the links to the three videos. You must take “detailed” notes. Put the captions on for the videos and write down the captions.
Newton’s First Law With Professor Mac
Table Cloth Demonstration
Newton’s First Law of Motion with Music
This is what we did in class on October 30th.
Lesson Plan for Monday, October 23rd
Lesson Plan for Tuesday, Wednesday, (Lab on Thursday), and Friday
Here are the lesson plans for 10/23.
The vector problems are due tomorrow.
Here are the lesson plans for October 17, 18, 19, and 20
October 19th and 20th
There are the lesson plans for October 11th through 16th.
If you do not turn in the home work – 7 problems (three problems before the numbered problems) before Friday, October 20th, I won’t accept them.
Create a Double-Bubble Map on the Gold paper given to you on Thursday.
- Similarities go in the middle
- Differences go on each of the outer circles.
- There will be more than three similarities.
- There will be more than three differences.
- Don’t forget to answer the Frame Guiding Question that is located in the lower left corner of the page.
- Check the Rubric for Grading Thinking Maps on ilearn.
The number of “bubbles” on the sides and the middle may not be the right number of bubbles. I just put in different amounts of bubbles so that you wouldn’t think there had to be three on each side and three in the middle.
The Lesson Plans for 10/9 and 10/10 are located below.
Remember, some of the lesson plans are for 2 days.
October 2nd and 3rd
October 4th and 5th