If students did not finish their Tic Tac Toe board then they have to complete it for homework. An additional 10 minutes will be given in class tomorrow.
7th Grade: Complete your Read and Outline assignment for Chapter 5. Turn each heading into a question and use the information from the textbook to answer your question. The textbook can be found under 7th Grade Class Materials and Resources.
8th Grade: Complete your Declaration of Independence Analysis and Overview worksheet. A copy of the Declaration of Independence can be found here: http://www.constitution.org/us_doi.pdf
If you were one of the students who opted to do the book work instead of the video today, your questions are below. The textbook PDF is under 8th grade class materials and resources. Due tomorrow!
- Patrick Henry gave a famous speech that ended with the words “give me liberty, or give me death!” With which group did he identify himself?
- What effect did Common Sense have in the colonies?
- Why was the Declaration of Independence written?
- Why did Thomas Jefferson say that King George III was an unfit ruler?
- According to Thomas Jefferson, the power to rule comes from who?
- How do natural rights, as described in the Declaration of Independence, differ from other rights?
- What was the purpose of the Olive Branch Petition?
- What decision was made at the Second Continental Congress?
- To Great Britain, the signing of the Declaration of Independence was what?
Finish your section presentation! Be ready to present Monday.
Finish your comic books! Example page below.
Due to issues with behavior, your assignment below is for homework:
Use the PDF of Chapter 5 on the blog
- Read sections 5.6 – The Boston Tea Party and 5.7 – The Intolerable Acts. Write 2 paragraphs about why the colonists were upset and united together because of these two events.
- Read 5.8 and write 2 paragraphs about how the colonists united against the British.
7th Grade: Complete the 2-3 sentence summaries about Chapter 1, Sections 1.1-1.6 and 1.9 using the digital version of the textbook located under 7th Grade – Classroom Materials and Resources.
8th Grade: Finish answering the 7 questions from Chapter 3 using the digital version of the textbook located under 8th Grade – Classroom Materials and Resources.
1.How many British colonies were there and what were the three regions they were divided into?
2.What is a cash crop in your own words?
3.Briefly describe the system of government in the colonies.
4.What was the primary reason colonists in the New England colonies came to America?
5.Which Middle colony became the first democracy in America?
6.What three groups of people did colonists in the Southern colonies use for labor on their plantations?
7.Choose one person in “A Colonial Cast of Characters.” In 3-4 sentences, explain what their experience shows you about life in the colonies. Use details from the text.
Open House for middle school this year is Wednesday, September 13!
As a new teacher to Unis Middle School, I’m excited to meet everyone and hope that you can make it.
Just a few reminders as we get back into the swing of things:
The syllabus will be handed out on Friday, September 8 and will need to be signed and returned by Friday, September 15.
Student emergency contact forms should be filled out and returned to your advisory teacher by Friday, September 8.
Sing up for Remind in order to stay up to date with class announcements.
- 7th Grade: Text “@elamri7” to 81010
- 8th Grade: Text “@elamri8” to 81010
Nice to meet you! I’m Ms. Elamri!
About Me: My name is Regina Elamri and I will be your child’s social studies teacher this year. This is my fifth year teaching but my first year at McCollough-Unis and I can’t wait!
Education: Wayne State University, Bachelors in Secondary Education. University of Detroit Mercy, Masters in Educational Leadership (expected December 2017)
Favorites: Food: Ice Cream. Color: Grey. Animal: Cats. Book: The Little Prince. Season: Fall. Subject: U.S. History. Snack: Hummus. Historical Figure: George Washington.
Contact: Email: email@example.com Remind: Text “elamri7” to 81010